Yes, we’re a specialty coffee and espresso bar, too! Coffee in front, bikes in the back–we call it the retail mullet. Just like on the bike side of things, we want to bring you high quality stuff that we love.
Black Gold. Our coffee comes from two great roasters — Sweet Bloom Coffee Roasters (Lakewood, Colorado) and Archetype Coffee (Blackstone District). We are the only shop in Omaha offering Sweet Bloom coffee, and we *love* that we can offer a high-quality local option from Archetype as well. Currently our house drip coffee is Sweet Bloom Hometown, a balanced espresso roast that tastes great black or with a splash of cream. We use Archetype for our espresso drinks — we love its sweet, mellow profile for all manner of beverages. Both roasters are available in whole bean, 12oz retail bags. (Beans ground upon request.)
Espresso Bar. Our baristas make excellent drinks (for real!–is it bragging if it’s true?), whether you want a carefully extracted double espresso, or something slightly more labor intensive. Check out our offerings below.
- espresso : double shot
- americano : espresso + hot water
- cappuccino : espresso + steamed milk + foamed milk
- latte : espresso + steamed milk
- flavored latte : espresso + flavor syrup + steamed milk
- mocha latte : espresso + chocolate + steamed milk
- breve : espresso + steamed half & half
- coffee : drip, French press, Chemex
- toddy : cold-brewed coffee concentrate + water + ice
- toddy latte : cold-brewed coffee + milk + ice
- chai latte : chai concentrate + steamed milk
- moonbeam : Huntress tea concentrate + honey & vanilla + steamed milk
- lavender fog : Earl Grey tea concentrate + lavender + steamed milk
- lavender smog : espresso + lavender fog concentrate + steamed milk
- hot cocoa : chocolate + steamed milk + whipped cream
- steamer : flavor syrup + steamed milk + whipped cream
- loose leaf tea : black, green, herbal, red, maté
- hot apple cider
Tea Party. Our out-of-town tea source is Kilogram Tea, originally based out of Chicago. Their classic green & black tea offerings are a fresh & special treat, and their blends consistently delight us. On a local level, we feature several delicious selections from Artemis Teas — these teas are personally blended by clinical herbalist Andrea Comiskey Lawse, based out of the Gifford Park neighborhood. Artemis Teas are available by the cup and in 2oz retail bags.
Pastry Game Strong. We are happy to bring fabulous locally baked goods & pastries to the shop. The wonderful gals at Two Birds Bakery have been supplying us with delicious vegan cookies, cinnamon rolls, muffins & scones for years — you can find them every week on VEGAN VEDNESDAY. On Tuesdays, Fridays & Saturdays we’re pleased to offer donuts from Scratch Baking Co. (another duo of skilled ladies) with vegan/gluten-free options as well. And finally, on Thursdays and Fridays we feature buttery, flaky pop-tarts, cookies & scones from Kate at dodo, the bakery located in the basement of Archtype Coffee. If you’re sensing a pattern, it’s true — we partner with some incredibly talented women business owners!
Our shop offers cozy seating inside, a lovely back deck, and free wifi. Oh! And if you’re along Maple Street, we deliver by bike. Neat, eh?!
Current Retail Coffee Offerings.
- Archetype Colombia Amparo Paz : mandarin orange – dark brown sugar – creamy
- Archetype Peru Agustin Ccasa Ccoyo : milk chocolate – cashew butter – clementine
- Archetype Rwanda Gatare Lot #2 : red apple – cola – black tea
- Sweet Bloom Hometown Blend : dark chocolate – blackberry – praline
Current Teas, Black & Green.
- Earl Grey (Kilogram) : Yunan black tea with strong bergamot & citrus notes.
- Emerald Spring (Kilogram) : mild green tea with nutty & buttery flavors.
- English Breakfast (Kilogram) : smooth black tea with malty body & sugary finish.
- Huntress (Artemis Teas) : black tea blended with rose, lavender & cassia bark.
- Jasmine Green (Kilogram) : fragrant blend of green tea & jasmine blossoms.
- Matcha Genmaicha (Kilogram) : sencha green tea with matcha powder & toasted rice.
- Stag King (Artemis Teas) : Yunan black tea with elderberry, oak bark & cacao nibs.
- Yerba Mate (ECOTEAS) : vegetal, grassy alternative to green tea.
Current Teas, Herbal & Caffeine-Free.
- Blend 333 (Kilogram) : chamomile blossoms, rosehips & peppermint leaf.
- Blue Crane (Kilogram) : caffeine-free blend of South African rooibos & honeybush.
- Chamomile (Kilogram) : buttery, apple-scented chamomile blossoms. (organic)
- Circe (Artemis Teas) : sensuous blend of red teas, red raspberry leaf & damiana
- Keep Calm & Carry On (Artemis Teas) : herbal blend to restore tranquility, energy & focus.
- King Crimson (Kilogram) : tart, ruby red blend of hibiscus, citrus & rosehips.
- Peppermint (Kilogram) : a bright, menthol pick-me-up! (organic)
- Turmeric Tonic (Kilogram) : pungent blend of turmeric, gingerroot, lemon & lime.
- Winter Warmer (Fool’s Path Apothecary) : spicy, warming herbal blend for chilly days.